Outlook Express does not display message
Andy Svendsen
2004-08-12 12:56:02 UTC
I'm using IE 6 Outlook Express on one computer to browse newsgroups. The
newsgroups show up, the message headers, show up, but when I click on a
message, the preview pane stays blank. If I move the mouse over that area,
it becomes an hourglass. If I open the message, it is blank, but I can go to
the properties of the message and view the source.

The preview pane also fails for mail messages as well.

I've tried logging in as another user, applying all windows and office
updates to no avail. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook express.
I even tried deleting msimn.exe and let it come back, but no luck. Any
ideas on what to do about this?
Andy S.
***@NOMORESPAM.yahoo.com

Grzegorz Niemirowski
2004-08-12 13:27:58 UTC
Post by Andy Svendsen
I'm using IE 6 Outlook Express on one computer to browse newsgroups. The
newsgroups show up, the message headers, show up, but when I click on a
message, the preview pane stays blank. If I move the mouse over that
area, it becomes an hourglass. If I open the message, it is blank, but I
can go to the properties of the message and view the source.
The preview pane also fails for mail messages as well.
I've tried logging in as another user, applying all windows and office
updates to no avail. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook
express. I even tried deleting msimn.exe and let it come back, but no
luck. Any ideas on what to do about this?
Go to command prompt and type:
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\inetcomm.dll
--
Grzegorz Niemirowski, Poland, www.grzegorz.net
OE PowerTool 3.1.5 - the best way to improve your OE
Uptime: 2 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes and 26 seconds
Bruce Hagen
2004-08-12 14:00:16 UTC
Go to: Start>Run>Type in: regsvr32 inetcomm.dll - Press: Enter.
{Note the space after 32}.
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~
Andy Svendsen
2004-08-12 16:35:48 UTC
Wow! Thank you, that was incredbile! How did you find out about that if I
may ask?
Andy S.
***@NOMORESPAM.yahoo.com

Bruce Hagen
2004-08-12 16:47:16 UTC
Found out from reading the newsgroup. It's Malware that started last
March. Occasionally, the problem reoccurs. It has been suggested to
run CWShredder if that happened, but there are no longer updates for
that program. Save these links. In fact, everyone should run AdAware
and SpyBot once in awhile.

AdAware:
http://www.lavasoft.de/

SpyBot S & D: