Error- Messages not being sent, but actually are???/ please help
sibs
2005-02-01 01:03:02 UTC
hi all
i have a really odd problem:

im using outlook express 6 and recently when i have composed an email it
doesn't sned and stays in my outbox. However when i sent an email to myself
it sent it to my account, but told me there was an error and it hadn't been
sent. Of course this email stayed in my outbox and ''''wasn't'''' sent
everytime i open and closed outlook.... however it was sent as received it
about 5 times.

I dont want to send any important emails as i dont know whether or not they
will have been sent as i cant tell unless i cc it to myslef and also i dont
want to risk spamming customers with endless emails all the same.

Ive tried doing internet explorer repair and uninstalling v6 and it still
does it in v5, - reinstalling back to v6 has not helped either

any ideas?

please email me - richardDOTsibleyATvirginDOTnet

many many thanks
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
2005-02-01 11:31:28 UTC
Post by sibs
hi all
[...]
Sorry, no email support without money.

The Outbox is probably corrupt.
Go to Tools | Options | Maintenance and see where OE is storing its files.
Close OE.
Go there with Windows Explorer and delete Outbox.dbx. With Win2K and WinXP
it will be a hidden file.
OE will create a new one when you reopen it.

If you think the Outbox may have messages you want to recover, instead of
deleting it, move, not copy, it to an empty Windows folder and then use
DBXtract to recover the messages.
DBXtract ($5): http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/

If that didn't fis it, move everything out of Sent Items and do the same
with Sent Items.dbx.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com