Unable to send messages
Ravinder S. Mahoon
2004-12-04 12:59:03 UTC
Hi! After upgrading Outlook Express from 4 to 6 (Windows 98) on my desktop I
am suddenly unable to send mails (An unknown error has occured. Protokoll:
SMTP, Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, errornumber: 0x800C013B). Removing the 6th
version and reverting to 4 resolves the problem. Reinstalling OE 6 recreates
the same problem. There is no problem accessing the ISPs account from my
laptop with OE 6.
Any clues?
Thanks
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
2004-12-05 01:26:25 UTC
Sent Items is probably corrupt.
Move any messages you want to keep out of Sent Items.
Go to Tools | Options | Maintenance and see where OE is storing its files.
Close OE.
Go there with Windows Explorer and move Sent Items.dbx to an empty Windows
folder. With Win2K and WinXP it will be a hidden file.

You can use One or these tools to extract the messages from the old DBX
file:

DBXtract ($5): http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/
DBXpress: ($25 but worth it)
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

The messages can be dragged from a Windows folder back into an OE folder in
OE's Folder List.

In the future do not use the default folders to store messages. Move them
to user created folders.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com