how to save your filter list and copy same criterion on another pc
Sachi Noma
2003-10-24 21:58:03 UTC
I use Win XP Home and Outlook Express 6.00

I get continuous emails with virus attachment from fake MS disguise so
create filter to delete them from the server. I have several pcs and it is
just too time consuming to have to manually set filters on each machine. Can
someone tell me whether there is a way to save the data from my filter and
copy it into another machine?
Kuay Tim
2003-10-24 23:16:21 UTC
This page has instructions for saving/moving mail message rules to another
PC.

How to backup Outlook Express (OE) Email and transfer settings to another
PC:
http://www.iopus.com/guides/oe-backup.htm
--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim
Alexey Karpenko
2003-10-27 09:02:42 UTC
You can use SafeMail utility to solve this task. It has a simple wizard that
allows one to create a full self-extracting copy of all e-mail, address
book, accounts and other settings of Outlook Express.
Then all you'll have to do is to run resulting EXE file on the other
computer.

Trial version (limited to backing up up to 10 message folders) of SafeMail
can be downloaded from
http://www.qwhale.com/download/safemail/1.03/QWSafeMailInstall103.zip

If you need to move only filter (message rules and blocked senders), it's
free.

Should you have any questions regarding SafeMail please don't hesitate to
contact me.

--
Alexey Karpenko,
Quantum Whale,
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
2003-10-29 21:32:27 UTC
Post by Sachi Noma
I use Win XP Home and Outlook Express 6.00
I get continuous emails with virus attachment from fake MS disguise so
create filter to delete them from the server. I have several pcs and
it is just too time consuming to have to manually set filters on each
machine. Can someone tell me whether there is a way to save the data
from my filter and copy it into another machine?
They are in the Registry. Export this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\5.0\Rules

Before merging it into a new Identity or new machine, edit the REG file with
WordPad and change the GUID to agree with where you want to Merge it.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com